|Home||» Products||» Microsilica||» Microsilica|
Owing to our profound knowledge of this domain, we are able to come up with Micro Silica. It is a finely powdered material, that can be added to cementitious matter. It is known for its resistance to penetration of water, chloride & other chemicals and lower permeability. Micro Silica has content of over 85%, and this complies with ASTM C1240. Apart from this. Other details regarding the offered array are as follows:
- Lower free lime formation - delays ettringite and thaumasite formation
- Higher compressive strength by 10-20 %
- Controls bleeding in fresh concrete
- Lower Heat of Hydration, which prevents formation of cracks.
- Odour: Odourless
- Silica (SiO2): 85 % minimum; mostly 90% +
- Appearance: Very fine powder
- Colour: Grey
- Moisture: 2 % maximum
- Loss on ignition at 800°C: 4 % maximum.
HOW IT WORKS
- OPC + H2O → CSH (Calcium silicate hydrate) + Ca(OH)2(Free lime)
- The free lime does not contribute to strength. When combined with carbon dioxide, it forms a soluble salt, which leaches through the concrete causing efflorescence, a familiar architectural problem. Concrete is also more vulnerable to chemical attack and detoriation. When it is added, the following reaction takes place:
- Ca(OH)2 + SiO2 → H20 + CSH
- The reaction reduces the amount of calcium hydroxide in the concrete.
- Available in 20 kg Plastic bag or Jumbo Bag.