CETEX MICROSILICA is a super pozzolan - a finely powdered material which when added to cementitious matter increases durability and gives higher strength. It complies with ASTM C1240.
- Higher compressive strength by 10-20 %
- Reduces the rate of carbonation
- Lower permeability – resistance to penetration of water, chloride & other chemicals
- Lower free lime formation - delays ettringite and thaumasite formation
- Controls bleeding in fresh concrete
- Lower Heat of Hydration, which prevents formation of cracks.
Very fine powder
Mean particle size
Silica 85 % minimum
2 % maximum
Loss on ignition at 800°C
4 % maximum
HOW IT WORKS
Pozzolonic effect : When water is added to cement, hydration occurs as shown below:
Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC) + H2O → CSH (Calcium silicate hydrate) + Ca(OH)2(Free lime)
The free lime does not contribute to strength of concrete. When combined with carbon dioxide, it forms a soluble salt, which leaches through the concrete causing efflorescence, a familiar architectural problem. Concrete is also more vulnerable to chemical attack and deterioration.
When CETEX Microsilica is added, the following reaction takes place:
Ca(OH)2 + SiO2 → H20 + CSH
The reaction reduces the amount of calcium hydroxide in the concrete.
Micro filler effect : It is an extremely fine material, with an average diameter much finer than the cement. It gets well distributed in the cementatious paste, thus blocking the bleed-water channels.
Available in 25 kg Plastic bag or Jumbo Bag.